Books and Journals
We hold more than 1000 items in the library collection, with subjects including general family history guides, Welsh history, town and village histories and social history. Our reference only collection includes historical books including “Pedigree of Anglesey and Caernarvonshire families” by J.E. Griffith and “Achau ac ewyllysiau teuluoedd de Sir Gaernarfon” by T.Ceiri Griffith and local histories.
We receive a number of exchange family history society journals including those from Clwyd, Cardiganshire, Dyfed, Powys, Glamorgan Family History Societies.
The Resource Centre's Stocklist includes all the items held in our book collections. The Books marked with shelf numbers prefixed with C are not available on loan as they are kept for research purposes only. However, you can consult them if you visit the Resource Centre.
Items marked with an asterisk * are currently missing.Download our Bookstock List as a pdf file
Members can borrow up to two books at any one time for a period of three months, the borrower paying postage and packing.
If you are a member and wish to borrow an item please fill in the loan form on your visit to the Resource Centre or login to the Members area and complete the online form with details of the items requested or alternatively email the Librarian.
A microfiche reader is available for use. The following microfiche can be consulted:
- Bangor, St Asaph and Brecon Wills
- IGI 1984 Index and IGI Welsh Counties
- GFHS Publications
- British Isles Genealogical Register 2000
- Clwyd Family History Society Parish Registers
- Anglesey, Caernarvonshire and Meirionethshire censuses 1841-1911
- Anglesey Deaths 1837-2007
- Anglesey Births 1837-2007
- Anglesey Marriages from 1837
- Cofnodion Beddgelert 1731-1751, 1752-1770
- North Wales Trade Directory 1844
- 1881 British Census and National Index
- Gwreiddiau 1-60