What are the Benefits of Membership?
Your annual membership subscription to Gwynedd Family History Society includes:
- 2 copies annually of our journal Gwreiddiau Gwynedd Roots. (A4 in size and full of interesting articles both in Welsh and English). Members can publish their family interests in the journal.
- Opportunity to attend our regional and Zoom meetings with a varied programme of speakers.
- Help from officers and other members who have specific area knowledge and fluent Welsh speakers.
- Access to a “members’ only” area on our Society’s website where you can list your research interests and contact other members with similar interests.
- Access the society’s resource centre in Caernarfon which is open once a month on Saturday afternoons (except May) and last Thursday of the month from September through to April excluding December. Here you can access all of our resources and seek advice from officers’ and members on brick walls you may have.
- Access to the large number of publications that the society produces which are also available to buy from our website,
- monumental inscriptions from churchyards and chapel cemeteries across Gwynedd,
- indexes to selected parish registers and 1851 census etc.
- Access to our wide range of library collection with a loan facility. Currently we hold over 1,100 items relating to family history and local history relating to Gwynedd.
- Access to our manuscript collection, including donated family history/trees for reference in our resource centre.
- We also have a big collection of birth, marriage and death certificates which have been donated to the society (free to interested members on receipt of stamped address envelope).
- Up to 6 free annual look up request service . Members can provide us with the names and known dates and we’ll check for information in any of our publications, manuscript collections or books. This is very useful for those members who are unable to visit our resource centre.
- An opportunity to join a project to record a graveyard.
- Opportunity to volunteer to become a member of the working committee to help with the general running of the society. (Extra helpers always welcomed by the committee).
- Opportunity to help on our stand at various events (Welsh National Eisteddfod (when in North Wales) & Family History Fairs).