Llanfflewyn - Agy 47
St Fflewyn Church
The parish church of St. Fflewyn [often referred to as Fflewin] is one of the oldest ecclesiastical foundations on the island of Anglesey - as evidenced by the circular shape of the churchyard. It is sited on Christian foundations going back to 630 AD. The present building was built probably early in the eighteenth century. It was repaired and refurbished in 1934 when a number of thirteenth century fragments were discovered. One of these from an early gravestone bearing the inscription HIC JACED MADOCUS has now been set into the sill of the east window. It is a Grade 11 listed building.
The churchyard has been transcribed (M281) and the publication is available for purchase in our online shop.
Coflein - Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales