Home > Our Area > Churches and Chapels of Gwynedd > Anglesey > Agy 46 - Llanffinan
Llanffinan - Agy 46
St Ffinan Church
The church is a small plain edifice situated 6 miles (W) of Beaumaris. Llanffinan parish derives its name from the dedication of its church to St Ffinan, by whom it was originally founded in the early part of the 7th century. It was re-built in 1841 and contains several monuments to the memory of the deceased members of the Lloyds. The font dates from the 16th century – decorated with a crude interlacing strap ornament. It can be accessed by public footpath from Plas Penmynydd, once home to Owen Tudor, grandfather of Henry V11 and founder of the Tudor Dynasty
The churchyard has been transcribed (M078) and the publication is available for purchase in our online shop.
Coflein - Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales