Tregaean - Agy 76
St Caean Church
St Caean's Church, Tregaean, is a small medieval church dating from the 14th century.. It is dedicated to St Caian, a Christian saint from the 5th or 6th century about whom little is known. The building contains a late 14th-century east window and a late 15th-century doorway and a 12th century font.. The churchyard contains the grave of William ap Howel,who died in 1581 at the age of 105, leaving over forty children between the ages of 8 and 89 and over three hundred living descendants. It is a Grade II* listed building
The churchyard has been transcribed (M122) and the publication is available for purchase in our online shop.
Coflein - Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales