Home > Our Area > Churches and Chapels of Gwynedd > Anglesey > Agy 29 - Llaneugrad

Llaneugrad - Agy 29

St Eugrad

St Eugrad's Church, Llaneugrad is an isolated church at Parciau near the village of Marianglas, A church was supposedly founded here by St Eugrad in about 605, although the earliest parts of the present structure are the nave, chancel and chancel arch, which date from the 12th century. A side chapel was added to the north in the 16th century, and some moderate restoration work was carried out in the 19th century. It contains a 12th-century font, a 13thcentury carved stone depicting the crucifixion, and a memorial to one of the officers killed when the Royal Charter sank off Anglesey in 1859.Eugrad's is a Grade II* listed building.

Memorial Inscriptions

The churchyard has been transcribed (M348) and the publication is available for purchase in our online shop.

Useful Links

Genuki

Coflein - Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales