Home > Our Area > Churches and Chapels of Gwynedd > Anglesey > Agy 04 - Bodedern

Bodedern - Agy 04

St Edern Church

St Edern established a church in the area in the 6th c. Different periods of building to this church are evident , dating from the 14th Century. The minstrels’ gallery is supported by two cross beams on which is inscribed 1B-RH-11-W-1777. The delicate carved woodwork came from Jesus College, Oxford. The church also houses the ‘Ercagni Stone’ which came from the site of the original church. It is a Grade II* listed building.

Memorial Inscriptions

The following graveyards have been transcribed and the publications are available for purchase in our online shop.

Useful Links

Genuki

Coflein - Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales

St Edern, Bodedern